10 January 2017
As schools open their doors on Wednesday, 11 January 2017 ushering in the 2017 academic year, SADTU's National Office Bearers will visit schools around the country to monitor readiness.
The line with our commitment to the Quality Learning and Teaching Campaign (QLTC), we expect to see effective teaching taking place on the first day of school.
We expect teachers to be in class, on time, prepared and professionally behaved. By the same token, the Department needs to provide the basic infrastructure and learning materials on time to enable teachers to do their work. We also expect parents to play their role by ensuring that they register their children in schools on time so that learning and teaching can start on the first day of school.
The district offices must be able to provide the required quality curriculum and managerial infrastructure to support schools. Departmental officials must exhibit the required curriculum and managerial competence to act as professional education mentors.
The leadership will visit schools as follows:
1. President Magope Maphila will visit Matsebong Secondary Lehutjwane Secondary School in Jane Furse, Limpopo Province.
2. Deputy President Mabutho Lucky Cele at Mont Clair Senior Primary School, Durban, KwaZulu Natal Province .
3. General Secretary Mugwena Maluleke will visit Rodney Mokoena Preparatory School in Soshanguve, Gauteng Province.
4. Deputy General Secretary Nkosana Dolopi will visit Greenpoint High School, Dr E.P Lekghela High Schol, Vuyolwethu High School and Rietvale High School in Kimberly, Northern Cape Province.
5. Vice President for Education, Veronica Hofmeester will visit Saxon Sea Secondary School, Cape Town, Western Cape.
6. Vice President for Gender, Dorus Sekabate will visit Tlokola Secondary School, in Marquad Region in the Free State Province.
7. National Treasurer, Lindiwe Motshwane will visit Tinhlonhla Secondary School, Shongwe Mission, Mpumalanga Province.
8. Vice President for Sports, Arts and Culture Gloria Kgoleng will visit Pitso Tolo Primary School and Ntswelentsoku Primary School in Zeerust, North West Province
Issued by: SADTU Secretariat
General Secretary, Mugwena Maluleke: 082 783 2968
Deputy General Secretary, Nkosana Dolopi: 082 709 5651
Media Officer; Nomusa Cembi: 082 719 5157